Sunday, March 11, 2007

The First Steps

Dear Unassuming Reader or Friend,

I had a blog for all of 2 days during my freshman year at college, which I didn't tell anybody about and was reluctant to look at. It was a failed attempt at long-distance socialization engineered by a highschool friend who still believed in the merits of instant messaging. At the time, partying as much as possible seemed a more worthwhile pursuit than navel-gazing.

My, how times have changed.

Here's another go at vanity publishing. I hope that I'll be able to deliver on the promise of interesting thoughts, anecdotes, and occasional instances of culinary rhapsodizing. It's a little unsettling that I've taken the lazy way out in terms of communicating with friends but, given that the Victorian days of calling cards and coded floral missives are gone and I've not got the resources to support myself exclusively through my husband's income and my own charms, I'm hoping to give you an occasional lunchtime divertissement and peek into my life and times.

So. Friends, lovers, others, let me know what you want. The V.E.B. Broadcast Network is making its foray into slightly less-abashed narcissism and hoping that the exposure will, in fact, improve cross-country communications.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hi v!

Dani said...

Thanks, V! You validate me and give me yet another site to add to the list of online diversions and amusements.

Dani said...

Hate to say this, V, but your blog isn't going anywhere...